COVID-19 Competition Modifications, Mask Mandates and National Events Updates
From USA Fencing today:
- Due to the increase of COVID-19 cases throughout the nation, USA Fencing has made the difficult decision to postpone the start of the 2020-21 national events season until February 2021.
- Although the event schedule is being finalized by the task force, the Junior Olympic Championships will be moved from February to Summer Nationals. The birth years for junior and cadet will remain the same throughout the 2020-21 season and will not change until Aug. 1, 2021.
- Mask Mandate for sanctioned events in states where tournaments are allowed… All attendees at USA Fencing sanctioned tournaments will be required to wear a mask at all times, including athletes during competition.
- No screaming after touches.
- Salute your opponent at the end of a bout versus a handshake.
Full press release: https://www.usafencing.org/news_article/show/1130356