1. The Regular Fee Deadline has been extended until 1/21/2016
2. We are aware of the chance of a major storm impacting the area, and we will be watching the weather carefully, and send out an announcement on Friday whether the event will be held or not. If we decide to postpone the Hangover, we will move it to the following weekend.
We understand that if the rescheduling of the Hangover does occur, that some of you may not be able to attend due to a previously scheduled event. If this is the case, refund requests must be made by 1/26/2016. No shows will only be able to receive refunds due to extenuating circumstances (illness, etc…).
The date for the Conomikes-Gutenberg Memorial Open at William & Mary has been changed from April 2nd-3rd to March 26th-27th.
Just a reminder to check Ask.Fred if you intend to fence in the Virginia Division JO Qualifiers coming this weekend. If your registration is listed as “incomplete” on Ask Fred, you HAVE NOT finished registering for this event and you will be charged $70 at the door.
Please make sure that your USA Fencing membership is current, and a reminder that ALL saber fencers are required to have an FIE saber glove in order to compete.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the Virginia Division. Thank you, and we look forward to seeing you this weekend.
With the start of a new season comes new rules and procedures for the USFA. The biggest and most notable change is the mandatory requirement for all sabre fencers to be using a glove that meets the 800N standards during ALL USFA tournaments. If the fencer does not have and use such a glove for the tournament they will not be allowed to fence in the competition. The text of the new rules can be found here. The rule went into effect October 1, 2015.
- Tournament Results Report
- Classification Changes Report
- Referee Usage Report Report
The 2015 Kick Off ROC is just around the corner on September 26 and 27th! Sign up on AskFred (NOT US Fencing)!
- The last day for regular fee registration is September 6th
- Late fees are in effect from September 7th through September 21st
- Registration for the 2015 Kick Off ROC is NOT through US Fencing, but through AskFred.net
- You must be PAID by the late fee deadline, not just signed up! If your name is shown as grey (incomplete) on the registration list, you are NOT registered for the Kick Off!
At the annual meeting last weekend (Saturday, May 16) we elected the new Virginia Division Board!
The new board members are as follows:
- Chair: Ron Thornton
- Vice Chair: Cyndi Lucente
- Treasurer: Allen Evans
- Secretary: Tom Lauzon
- Member-at-Large: Jacob Duell, Nathaniel Sides, Amy Papadopoulos, Matt Steppan, Brandon Minter
Contact information for the board members can be found on the About Page.
The Division also voted to amend the Bylaws to increase the number of Member-at-Large positions from 3 to 5.
Thank you for visiting the Virginia Division of US Fencing website.
Please bookmark or subscribe via RSS. Last minute schedule changes due to weather, etc will be posted here.
A few notes about the site:
The schedule is auto-imported from AskFred, in real time. Competitions must be in AskFred in order to see them on our Schedule page. If something is not there please contact the tournament organizer about getting the competition into AskFred sooner rather than later.
The points system follows the current points system as closely as possible, given the limitation of having to fit it into an existing AskFred template. Generally speaking, the two major changes are that the Senior 3-Weapon points are not limited by the least used weapon, and there is no bonus for winning a competition.
If your club vanished from the club list it is because the linked web site no longer exists and Google did not find a replacement site. If there is a web site please let us know and we’ll happily add your club to the list.
The photos in the header are all licensed for non-commercial use via Creative Commons (we are legal to use them.)
For any technical issues with the website contact webmaster at va-usfa.com