Due to unfortunate circumstances beyond their control, the Liberty University Fencing Club has had to cancel the Battle of the Swashbucklers tournament in Lynchburg this weekend (April 23-24).
The next event will be the Tidewater Coastal Clash ratings rally and youth tournament at Tidewater’s new permanent space on May 7th and 8th.
The date for the Annual Meeting has been set for June 18th after fencing is completed at the Tune Up Open in Richmond!
The Virginia Division Championships have been moved from the weekend of May 30th to the weekend of July 16th-17th! Stay tuned for more info!
There has been a new tournament scheduled for May 7th-8th: the Tidewater Coastal Clash at Tidewater’s new permanent space! There will be Ratings Rally and Y12 events! Nice!
THE HANGOVER WILL NOW BE ON THE WEEKEND OF JANUARY 30-31, 2016
The events will be at the same times that they were originally
scheduled for, just on the new weekend.
The Regular Fee Deadline has been extended until 1/28/2016.
We understand that with the rescheduling of the Hangover, that some of
you may not be able to attend due to a previously scheduled event. If
this is the case, refund requests must be made by 1/26/2016. No shows
will only be able to receive refunds due to extenuating circumstances
Please stay warm and safe! We want to see on the piste next weekend!
The Virginia Division
1. The Regular Fee Deadline has been extended until 1/21/2016
2. We are aware of the chance of a major storm impacting the area, and we will be watching the weather carefully, and send out an announcement on Friday whether the event will be held or not. If we decide to postpone the Hangover, we will move it to the following weekend.
We understand that if the rescheduling of the Hangover does occur, that some of you may not be able to attend due to a previously scheduled event. If this is the case, refund requests must be made by 1/26/2016. No shows will only be able to receive refunds due to extenuating circumstances (illness, etc…).
The date for the Conomikes-Gutenberg Memorial Open at William & Mary has been changed from April 2nd-3rd to March 26th-27th.
Just a reminder to check Ask.Fred if you intend to fence in the Virginia Division JO Qualifiers coming this weekend. If your registration is listed as “incomplete” on Ask Fred, you HAVE NOT finished registering for this event and you will be charged $70 at the door.
Please make sure that your USA Fencing membership is current, and a reminder that ALL saber fencers are required to have an FIE saber glove in order to compete.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the Virginia Division. Thank you, and we look forward to seeing you this weekend.
With the start of a new season comes new rules and procedures for the USFA. The biggest and most notable change is the mandatory requirement for all sabre fencers to be using a glove that meets the 800N standards during ALL USFA tournaments. If the fencer does not have and use such a glove for the tournament they will not be allowed to fence in the competition. The text of the new rules can be found here. The rule went into effect October 1, 2015.
- Tournament Results Report
- Classification Changes Report
- Referee Usage Report Report
The 2015 Kick Off ROC is just around the corner on September 26 and 27th! Sign up on AskFred (NOT US Fencing)!
- The last day for regular fee registration is September 6th
- Late fees are in effect from September 7th through September 21st
- Registration for the 2015 Kick Off ROC is NOT through US Fencing, but through AskFred.net
- You must be PAID by the late fee deadline, not just signed up! If your name is shown as grey (incomplete) on the registration list, you are NOT registered for the Kick Off!
At the annual meeting last weekend (Saturday, May 16) we elected the new Virginia Division Board!
The new board members are as follows:
- Chair: Ron Thornton
- Vice Chair: Cyndi Lucente
- Treasurer: Allen Evans
- Secretary: Tom Lauzon
- Member-at-Large: Jacob Duell, Nathaniel Sides, Amy Papadopoulos, Matt Steppan, Brandon Minter
Contact information for the board members can be found on the About Page.
The Division also voted to amend the Bylaws to increase the number of Member-at-Large positions from 3 to 5.